Monday, January 28, 2013

Weird Dreams #2, Jason edition

My whole life, I've been a humongous Friday the 13th fan. And I mean absolutely ginormous. So it's only natural when you love something so much that it'll be on your mind even while you sleep. Many of my dreams have centered around Jason Voorhees, so I figured I'd compile them all into one handy little place.

***

Number 1 - When I was a kid, I was also a fan of The Labyrinth, and I once had a dream that combined both that, and F13. It was a very long time ago, so I don't remember every little detail, but I do remember that it was strange. I was at a party of some sort, in one of those nice houses you see in subdivisions. My oldest friend was there with me, and we were having a great time, until Jason showed up. It jumped around a lot, I think, but I assume that Jason had already killed everyone else at the party, leaving my friend and I the only remaining survivors. He chased us out into the garage, and I swear Jason got into a car and ran my friend over. I didn't even know he could drive. Then, to get away, I started running. On the ceiling. Apparently the garage was underground or something, as there was a very large staircase that would lead back into the house. But it flipped, made me walk on the ceiling, and then eventually did take me back inside, where I continued to run across ceiling-based staircases and things. I don't remember if I ever got away from him, killed him, or what. But Jason created a labyrinth in that house that the Goblin king would have been proud of.

Number 2 - This one also combined two of my favorite movies: F13 and NOES. It was a short, but still very strange, dream. I was with a group of my friends spending some time outdoors. I don't remember seeing it, but I think we were camping - naturally. So Jason showed up and started trying to kill us all. Oh, and Freddy was there too. Keep in mind that I had this dream well before FvJ happened, so that wasn't the cause of it. Anyways, they chased us all out into a giant open field. A good ways away, in the middle of the field, was a big farm house. We ran to that farmhouse as fast as we could, hoping that someone was inside that could help us. In the house was a family of Amish people. They taught us some Amish voodoo or black magic or something (complete with powerful streaks of light that could be shot at our enemies), we went underground for a while, and we were eventually able to kill the two nightmares with said voodoo.

Number 3 - I don't consider any of my Jason-related dreams to be nightmares. In fact, I don't consider any of my dreams to be nightmares. Even if they're scary, I consider them inspiration. Nothing else. But there's no way that this next dream could be considered a nightmare at all. What this is, is a love story. Yes, I love Jason, and I do have sweet, poetic dreams about him sometimes too. Okay, maybe not poetic...But anyways. In this one, I went to Crystal Lake with some family and friends to have a birthday party. For me, of course. We're partying it up, and then Jason shows up and starts swinging his machete around. I yell at him, shake my head, and say, "Jason! No!" He looks at me, lowers his head as if he's awaiting punishment, and then he drops his machete. He walks over to me and mumbles almost incoherently, "I'm sorry." I hug him, and he joins the party. That was it. Yes, that's right people; I have tamed the beast. You're welcome.

Number 4 - This one could possibly be considered a nightmare, only because I cannot believe I actually imagined myself doing these things. In this one, I was helping Jason with his killing sprees. I think I was just luring people into his lair so that he could kill them, and I wasn't actually doing any killing myself. But during one particular one, a young girl, Jason passes the torch, so to speak. He tells me, in his own way, that I can have this one. We've got the girl in Jason's house, tied to a bed. I straddle her and start doing unspeakable things, all while Jason is watching with approval. This one's kind of hard to tell, because I know how it makes me look. But again, these dreams are inspiration, because I'm a writer. That is the only place I do any killing, trust me guys. I'm not crazy, I promise. I've just got weird taste, I guess.

Number 5 - Sometimes, I will admit, I combine horror with sex. My biggest fantasy involves that big guy in the hockey mask, and yes, I've had several dreams like that. They're usually short and uninteresting, but there was one that I remember very well--because it wasn't just Jason. There were a couple of my favorite characters thrown in there. I was apparently having an orgy in Hell, which is cool I guess. There was Jason, Scorpion and Motaro from Mortal Kombat (yes, I realize Motaro is half horse...), and some generic demons. Yeah, I'm Hell's biggest whore..What of it? I've had plenty of other horror/sex dreams, but this is the only memorable one that featured Jason.

So, those are the Jason related dreams that I've had throughout my life. I'm more than certain that there have been others, but those were all lost as I woke up. So, what do you think? Should I be committed or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment